Belgian Yeast Waffles
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 1 The Quirky Oven Original Puff Puff Mix
- 250ml Milk
- 80g butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- • Pour The Quirky Oven Puff Puff Mix content Into a large bowl and stir in the salt
- • Combine milk and butter and warm, should be lukewarm, not too hot and not too cold (43-46 C). This can be done in the microwave, 35 to 45 sec.
- • Add Vanilla extract to the warm butter and milk mixture, mix together and add to the Puff Puff mix, mix until well combined.
- • Beat the egg together and add to the batter, mix until well combine
- • Knead the dough, this can be done by hand or with the dough hook of a stand mixer. If kneading by hand, lightly flour a work surface and knead the dough for about 6 to 8 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic. The dough will be very sticky to start but will become less sticky as it is kneaded. If kneading in the stand mixer, knead at medium/high speed for about 4-6 minutes.
- • Transfer the dough to a large clean bowl, cover the bowl tightly with cling film or clean wet kitchen towel. Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, should take about 40 minutes to an hour.
- • You can keep the batter in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
- • Preheat the waffle iron. Brush with oil and spoon the dough onto centre of iron. Close and cook until .
- • Serve immediately with choice toppings!
The Quirky Oven https://thequirkyoven.com/